Clear Chicken Broth
Chicken broth is just as good as beef bone broth, but not so fatty. It's easier to have just as a warm drink and is a great base for loads of recipes. I usually have a cup every morning to start my day
Here's my very simple version.
- 10 free range chicken drumsticks or 1 entire chicken (you can just use the bones leftover from a roast of you like)
- Filtered water
- 1/2 tsp Celtic salt
- Mixed herbs - dry or fresh.
- Fill a large saucepan with water, add salt.
- Add the chicken - you can cram them in if you like.
- Bring to boil - it's a good idea to watch it when this is going on or your stove may be flooded!
- Turn heat down and simmer for 2 -3 hours.
- Tear meat off the bones - you can use this for salads or whatever you like.
- Strain the broth into a glass container.
- Reheat and use/drink as desired. This is when I add the mixed herbs in.
- Will keep a few days in the fridge. If you don't anticipate using it this quick, simply decant into single serves and freeze.