Keto Breakfast Bread
Here's a slightly sweet version of my her and cheese bread
What you will need:
- 300g zucchini (Courgette)
- 80g unsalted butter or coconut oil or a mix of both
- 75 g almonds
- 75g pecans
- 35g macadamias
- 10g cacao nibs
- 85g flaxseeds
- 30g psyllium husks.
- 155g heavy cream
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch ground cloves
- Shredded and cacao nibs extra for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
Preheat oven to 180° Celsius (356° Fahrenheit).
Grease a loaf tin with butter or coconut oil and line with parchment paper.
You need to grind all your ingredients: All speeds and time quoted are for the Thermomix TM5
- Almonds (2 secs on speed 9)
- Flaxseeds (2 seconds speed 9)
- Psyllium husks (2 seconds speed 9)
- Pecans (3 seconds, speed 5)
- Macadamias (3 seconds speed 5)
As you grind each individual ingredient, place into a dry bowl and set aside
- Grind the zucchini (4 seconds, speed 4) – place in muslin cloth and squeeze out all the moisture – set aside.
- Melt butter (2 minutes at 50°C in the TM5)
- Lightly whisk your eggs. (I actually use my protein shaker to do this – the ones with the little metal mixing ball!)
- Now add all the ingredients including the nuts and mix for 15 seconds speed 6. Don’t add the extra pumpkin and sunflower seeds – these will be added later. Also reserve approx. 1 tbsp. of egg mixture
- Scrape the bowl and mix for a further 15 seconds, speed 6.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin – you may need to press it in a bit with your hands.
- Lightly brush on the reserved egg mixture and scatter the reserved seeds. Press these in lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180°C and then reduce oven temperature to 150°C and bake for a further 45 minutes.
- Allow to cool in the tin for approx. 1 hour, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Makes 10 slices, which can be frozen. It will keep for approx. 1 week in the fridge – store as a loaf and slice as you require it
Amount per serving
Total Fat 23.3g
Saturated Fat 8.3g
Total Carbohydrate 8.6g
Dietary Fibre 5.9g
Net Carbohydrates 2.7g
Total Sugars 1.5g
Vitamin D 16mcg