Keto, Flourless Mini Quiches
One of the great things about a ketogenic diet is that you get to eat all the good stuff!
Mini Quiches are so easy to make and are great warm or cold and make a fabulous breakfast alternative.
Here's what you need:
- A good blender (I use my Thermomix)
- Some patty cake papers
- Muffin tins x 2
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Makes 12 mini quiches
- 50 g tasty cheese - Swiss is good - grated.
- 200 g bacon pieces - cubed.
- 20 mL olive oil.
- 5 eggs.
- 50 mL full cream milk.
- 100 g sour cream or crème fraîche.
- 1/4 tsp Celtic salt.
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed.
- Small pinch of pepper (or large if you like pepper!).
- Anything else that takes your fancy - these ones contained capsicum and leek as well - finely chopped of course.
- Saute bacon in olive oil until crisp.
- While that's happening blend together the eggs, milk, sour cream and seasonings.
Now just assemble them:
- Place patty cake papers inside the muffin tray spaces.
- Distribute bacon evenly throughout.
- Add capsicum and leek and whatever else you want.
- Pour egg mixture evenly over.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Baked for 20 - 30 minutes until golden.
- Allow to settle a bit before removing.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Nomm Nomm.
- Great with salad or on their own.