Can’t tolerate chickpeas?
Try this amazingly simple and smooth recipe!
Hummus is a super-food for your gut bacteria, but not everyone can tolerate those chickpeas. So here is a different version made using spilt yellow peas.
Happy tummy, happy gut bacteria - win win!
- 100g yellow split peas
- A handful of chives, chopped
- 1 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 small chili chopped (the hotter you like it, the more you could add!)
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 tblspns Olive Oil
- 1 tblspns lemon juice
- 1 tblsp sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- Soak split peas overnight.
- In the morning drain your peas
- Meanwhile, bring a medium sized saucepan of water to a rolling boil. Add the peas and boil until tender ( approx 30 mins)
- Drain and add all but the olive oil together in a blender.
- Gradually add the olive oil until desired consistency is reached.
- Enjoy with vege sticks or crackers
- Nom Nom!!!
High in vegetable protein, a great vegetarian source of protein and mono-unsaturated fats, minerals and vitamins A, C B6, B12, D, calcium and magnesium