Hommus is such a nutrient dense food – it ticks all the boxes – it is clean, nourishing, vegan, vegetarian and even paleo. It tastes great and is so very easy to make – all you need is a blender!
The children love it and its easy enough for them to make with a bit of guidance from you
Here is my version – a slight variant of the Thermomix ™ “Everyday Cookbook”
NB: you will need a food processor, a very good blender or a Thermie for this one.
YOU can use dried chickpeas, but they will need to be soaked at least 48 hours at room temperature for this one.
· 400g tin of chickpeas (or dried – see note above) – drained and rinsed with filtered water
· 2 garlic clove
· Juice of 1 large lemon (you want about 60 mL
· 20 mL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1 tsp. ground cumin
· 1/4 tsp. paprika – hot
· ¼ tsp. Celtic sea salt
· 1 tsp. water
· Sweet paprika for sprinkling
· Some extra olive oil for decoration
· ¼ tsp. mixed seeds for sprinkling.
· Something green for decoration
· Blend the garlic for a few seconds until smooth
· Add remaining ingredients with the exception of the water, sweet paprika, additional olive oil and seeds. Blend/pulse until smooth constancy has been reached – this is a totally personal thing – I love my hommus very creamy so blend it until really smooth.
· Add water if too thick
· Spoon into a pretty dish, drizzle with additional olive oil and sprinkle with sweet paprika and seeds.
· Add your green leaves for a bit of “pop”
· Serve with vegetable sticks of your choice