Warm Pumpkin Salad
Love salad? Want a bit of a twist on the conventional? Here is my Rainbow, roast pumpkin salad – perfect for those slightly cooler days
· 1 handful mixed lettuce leaves
· 1 handful baby spinach
· 1 pickled red capsicum, cut into strips. ( I buy these in the international section in a jar in my local supermarket)
· 1 medium ripe tomato, cut into quarters, then quartered again.
· ¼ cup sprouts (I like mung bean, but any will do)
· 1 medium navel orange; peeled and cubed.
· 1 Lebanese cucumber, cubed.
· 1 cup roasted pumpkin – still warm. ( I just cube and roast mine in a little bit of olive oil at 180 degrees for 30 minutes)
· 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas) – or any that takes your fancy.
· 1/3 cup activated almonds – again, you are only limited by your imagination.
· 100g sheep or goats feta
In a clean glass bottle, mix together
· 50ml apple cider vinegar,.
· 30ml extra virgin olive oil.
· ½ tsp. Celtic salt
· ¼ tsp. cracked pepper (to taste)
· ½ tsp. wakame or dulse flakes
In a salad bowl:
· Lay down the mixed together lettuce leaves and baby spinach.
· Then add tomatoes and cucumber.
· Add orange
· Add sprouts
· Add picked capsicum strips
· Add nuts and seeds
· Lay roast pumpkin on top.
· This is when I add the dressing – I like to add the feta last – it stys nice and white this way.
· Add the feta
· Serve immediately with any mains of your choice.