Warm Bean Salad
Again, this salad has been a family favourite for years. I have many fond memories of mum making this, asking me to place it on the table and surreptitiously grabbing mouthfuls on the way.
Eaten warm or cold, but warm is best - can be eaten all year round.
Keto, tasty and great for you!
Serves 2 – 4
• 250g fresh green beans
• 1 medium Spanish onion, thinly sliced
• ¼ cup extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
• ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
• Himalayan salt & cracked pepper to taste
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
1. “Top and tail” the beans, cut into thirds and steam lightly – take care not to overcook – they should still be firm and bright green
2. Whilst the beans are steaming, combine oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper and add finely sliced onion. It is best if the onion marinates in the dressing for a few minutes
3. When the beans are steamed, add to the onion mixture
4. Let sit for approx. 5 – 10 minutes and enjoy – the salad should still be warm,