REmedial massage therapist
My name is John Shedd. I am a Massage Practitioner from Washington, D.C. in the United States. My passions include music production, meditation, and travel.
I have been a massage therapist for 1 year now, and a Reiki practitioner and teacher for 2 years. My whole life has been a transformative healing journey for me, and I would like to share with other people the restorative benefits of massage therapy and Reiki. I offer targeted therapeutic sessions, luxurious massages with essential oils and heated rosewood tools, and spiritual sessions to reach a higher state of peace and relaxation.
I believe that EVERYONE should get a massage. The benefits range from taking the edge off depression and anxiety to the reduction of pain and stiffness. Massage can help relax us in the most stressful times, and it can even help treat chronic issues such as headaches, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis, and sciatica. I am happy to work with you to create a treatment plan that fits your goals and needs.
Some reasons that you should consider getting a therapeutic massage:
Massage for stress can help YOU with
- Depression and Anxiety.
- Energy and Circulation.
- Sleep and Relaxation.
- Mood and Concentration.
Massage for Physical Illnesses can help with
- Lower and upper back and neck pain.
- Joint stiffness and improved range of motion.
- Stimulation of weakened muscles.
- Relaxation of overused muscles.
- Improvement of blood circulation to dehydrated/de-oxygenated muscles.
- Stimulation of immune system with lymph circulation
- Athletes in preparation or recovery from heavy workouts or athletic events.
- Reduction of cramping and muscle spasms.
- Reduction of scar tissue and stretch marks through promoting tissue regeneration.
- Moisturisation of the skin (the largest organ in the human body.)
- Swedish Massage is the perfect balance between relaxation of the nervous system and relaxation of your muscles. Swedish sessions start out with very light effleurage strokes and progress in pressure to your level of comfort. A Swedish massage can be as deep or as light in pressure as you want. Swedish massage is usually done with lotion or hypo-allergenic oils, and is great for skin hydration. A wide variety of massage strokes are used as well as stretches and specified work.
- Connective Tissue Massage (CTM) works on the body’s layers of fascia that surround the muscles, bones, ligaments, tendons, organs, and systems. Fascia not only compartmentalises these body parts, but also is a continuous elastic sheath that provides structural support for these body parts and systems. The aim of CTM is to stretch and re-hydrate fascia that has been shortened and malnourished to create better posture and integration to relieve chronic issues and promote body awareness. CTM is usually done in a series of 10 sessions where profound results of postural correction and relief from chronic issues can be experienced to what is believed to be a somewhat long term effect: This method of bodywork was taught to me by John Latz of the Institute for Structural Integration. Mr. Latz’s technique was created from Dr. Ida P. Rolf’s techniques. Mr. Latz studied at the Rolf Institute in 1985, and his work has been transformative in the bodywork profession for the past few decades.
- Warm Wood Neuromuscular Massage is both relaxing, luxurious, and at the same time highly therapeutic. This technique uses the strategic component of Neuromuscular Therapy along with Warm Wood tools made of bamboo and rosewood to melt muscle tissue and relieve pain.
- Neuromuscular Massage uses certain protocols to address specific issues such as, plantar fasciitis, frozen shoulder, postural, and gait problems. The incorporation of Warm Wood tools allows for a deeper level of pressure can be achieved as well as a variety of soothing massage strokes from effleurage to petrissage to circular friction. When receiving a Warm Wood session, many people report that they can’t tell the difference between the feeling of the practitioner's hands and the wooden tool being used.
Massage is for evryone, why don't you give it a try - you won't be dissapointed ~ John ~
Look forward to seeing you soon.